Skyesports masters format??
May 3, 2023 01:39pm
m4_nas
How would the skyesports masters system work? They had said that top European players could play as well, so would that mean an ipl system where players are essentially 'leased' from their original team for like 3-4 weeks for the tournament(ik this is reaching, I just want to see top players in India) ?? Or would the partner teams sign international free agents and would form an actual team that would also compete in other CSGO tournaments as well? What do you guys think?
#1(With 18 replies)
May 3, 2023 02:17pm
ud_2409
I believe an IPL system would be there similar to what they are doing in Pokemon Unite, but not sure if the European players would also be a part of this, maybe SEA could be involved
#2(With 1 replies)
May 4, 2023 03:16pm
m4_nas
I don't think SEA has a big CS scene, except maybe China(Rare Atom, Tyloo). And they would have communication issues as well. I think they can get tier 2 players or borderline tier 1 players or even old players who used to play T1 cs like olof maybe? I know this likely won't happen, but it's a good marketing opportunity if they do, will attract quite a lot of people who had left just seeing an olof or a forest destroying teams in India lol.
#4(With 0 replies)
May 4, 2023 03:57pm
ud_2409
Damnn! That would be so cool if it happens. I would love to see olof in action again
#3(With 15 replies)
May 4, 2023 03:46pm
Tanmayyy
afaik this tournament will have same format as normal tournaments, 2 imports are allowed in each team, Hatz is only confirmed import till now, also some orgs are talking with big EU players, KennyS is one of them 👀

Hatz : hltv.org/player/11162/hatz
#5(With 2 replies)
May 4, 2023 03:58pm
ud_2409
KennyS sounds too optimistic tbh
#7(With 1 replies)
May 4, 2023 04:06pm
m4_nas
I dont think so. Kenny is way past his prime. He's still a good player, but not top level good, and he will miss the major as well. And the prizepool is really attractive as well. They just need to convince him that his arrival can pull a large crowd, which it probably will, cos every Indian 'gamer' or cs player knows who kennyS is, and provide him a good salary, which I think a lot of indian orgs are capable of now.
#11(With 0 replies)
May 4, 2023 07:02pm
ud_2409
well again, all that sounds too good to be true, but yeah, we'll have to wait nd see what sky has to offer
#6(With 0 replies)
May 4, 2023 04:00pm
m4_nas
Damn, really? Indsutry insider kek
But that's really nice to hear, KennyS is a really good marketing move, any of the OGs playing here will turn heads tbh. Hatz I think is an alright move. I just hope they can get some actual current good players who can help with the scene as well. Like the bne guys, or just good free agents. CS at this point has a lot of them tbh, fingers crossed.
#8(With 10 replies)
May 4, 2023 05:49pm
Lyx97
Did Hatz confirm or is this "insider" news?
Any idea on which orgs are participating from India?
#9(With 8 replies)
May 4, 2023 06:47pm
Tanmayyy
Insider source, but contacts are signed they're just waiting for Skyesports to announce teams,
Possible Teams:
1. Velocity Gaming
2. Gods Reign
3. Revenant Esports
4. Reckoning Esports
5. Godlike Esports
6. Enigma Gaming
7. Orangutan
8. 7Sea Esports
9. Sachin Tendulkar's Org
10. Sport Club
#10(With 5 replies)
May 4, 2023 06:57pm
m4_nas
By sports club, do you mean like an ipl team?
Sachin Tendulkar kinda makes sense, especially when i saw him in the skyesports event
Suprisingly, no Global esports, i think they are all in on valo which will eventually fade out :p
#12(With 4 replies)
May 4, 2023 07:03pm
Tanmayyy
IPL or ISL club, and also GE is d-riding Riot since they into franchising
#14(With 3 replies)
May 4, 2023 07:17pm
m4_nas
I mean with how draconian Riot is, I don't blame them. I hope Riot keeps adding new agents and abilities to valo to make that shet like overwatch, for it to eventually die out lol. That game is NOT viewer-friendly with the shit that goes on.
#15(With 2 replies)
May 4, 2023 07:21pm
ud_2409
True! don't really enjoy watching that game
#16(With 1 replies)
May 4, 2023 07:31pm
m4_nas
Yeah man, I remember watching last year trying to support GE, the only team in some qualification tourney for the riot major i think. Too much happening, but was kinda enjoyable because i think skrossi was doing good and the match was close. They lost in the end so i didn't watch any game after that. Fast forward to this year, tried watching and was like wtf am i watching, legit couldn't understand what was happening, watched for like 5 mins, and had enough xD
#17(With 0 replies)
May 4, 2023 08:00pm
ud_2409
yeah bro, i also tried watching this nodwin VCL, this also didn't turn out to be that great to me.

hopefully after this masters there are more CS tourneys lined up in India
#18(With 1 replies)
May 5, 2023 11:59am
SAMOSA_PAV
I play at Recokning E-sports cafe. Owner is my friend
#19(With 0 replies)
May 5, 2023 12:11pm
m4_nas
toh are they in masters?
#13(With 0 replies)
May 4, 2023 07:04pm
ud_2409
not sure of the orgs, but sky were in talks with sachin to own one of the team in masters
#20(With 0 replies)
May 5, 2023 11:36pm
ShivanshSingh
I wish haiVaan sir plays!!
You must be logged in to add a comment.